- Possible signs of Vitamin B12 deficiency are: A) restless legs B) numbness, tingling of fingers and feet C) nocturnal cramping in arms and legs D) all of the above (Answers are below.)
- Which is one of Vitamin B12’s nicknames? A) the sunshine vitamin B) bone builder C) the energy vitamin D) the mellow vitamin
- The daily consumption of ____________ is an established risk factor for Vitamin B12 deficiency. (Hint: It isn’t carrot juice.)
- True or false: mostly women tend to be deficient in Vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B12 is mainly stored in your: A) liver B) stomach C) skin D) heart
- As much as ___% of the U.S. A. population (ages 26 to 83) may have “low normal” Vitamin B12 plasma levels, which puts them at risk for Vitamin B12 deficiency-related neurological conditions, according to Tufts University’s research of a recent study. (Hint: It is more than 20%.)
- Vitamin B12 is found in: A) chicken B) beef C) eggs D) all of the above
- Medication that depletes your body’s store of Vitamin B12 are: A) birth control pills B) anti-inflammatory medication C) ulcer medication D) all of the above
- True or false: classic Vitamin B12 deficiency in infants and young children frequently causes symptoms similar to those seen in autism.
- The Vitamin B12 metabolism process is: A) very simple B) far more complex than any other vitamin C) not very important D) not beneficial to your health
1) D: All of the above are symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency.
2) C: ”The Energy Vitamin”
4) False. Men and women can both be deficient in Vitamin B12.
5) A: Liver. Vitamin B12 is stored mainly in your liver.
6) 40%. 40% of the U.S. A. population (ages 26 to 83) may have “low normal” Vitamin B12 plasma levels.
7) D: All of the above are sources of Vitamin B12. Vegetarians and Vegans need to supplement their diet daily with Vitamin B12 through fortified vegetarian/vegan foods, Vitamin B12 oral supplements and/or injections.
8) D: All of the above medications deplete your body’s Vitamin B12. For a complete list of medications, see here:
9) True. According to the book, Could It Be B12?
10) B: Far more complex than any other vitamin. The bottom line is having healthy Vitamin B12 levels is very important to your health!
See you soon!
All the best,
B12 LOVE Team